Wednesday, August 19, 2009

superhero cape


















so, here lately my oldest (2.5) has been asking about superhero capes. his aunt gave him one for christmas last year which is what prompted him to ask me (often) about a cape that can "fly him up to the sky".


so, i am in concept mode, cre
ating patterns, appliques, etc. I wanted to show a picture of the "design" phase when I am working with muslin and paper.

I am thinking about the possible appliques:

boys:
circle, star, bolt, crown with their initial or birthday # in the middle in coordinating fabric

also, all superheroes (superman, batman, incredibles, etc)

girls
same as boys, but add a heart, flower and any other items considered girly!

Main fabric will be satin, edges finished so no fraying, closure for neck will be a snap or velcro(no ties for safety reasons)

So, what do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment