Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Meet Sara




















My boys Tyler Drake & Colton James

















































Terry (my Superman) & I married since 6.11.5


I grew up in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Locals like to call it the 'boro. It was a small town while I lived there...not so much anymore. I graduated in '98 from Riverdale...GO WARRIORS! And, shortly after moved to Nashville to live with my dad. Smartest decision I made while a young pup trying to find herself. Got accepted into O'More and that is where most of my story begins.....
Back in 2001 I graduated with a BA in Fashion Design & Merchandising from O'More College of Design in Franklin, Tennessee. Was planning on taking over the fashion industry, but my Southern roots kept me grounded in Nashville working for Vanity Fair Corp. Started as an intern, went into product development, busy times while a merchandiser, a very stressful time as a technical designer....and then made my move into account management on into sales!! And, that was just in a short 5 years!

While working for VFC I met a wonderful man who is now my husband of more than 4 years and the rest is history! We moved to Dallas for a few years right after saying "I do". I mean ...right after. Sold a house, got married, moved to a new state & both started new jobs all in 6 short weeks. Talk about taking chances...whew! But, it was the best decision we made. Moving away from everyone and depending only on one another was hard, but made us appreciate "US" in a way I can't explain. Made us so strong...made us who we are today. Terry is hands down the best husband, dad & friend out there. I don't know what I would do without his constant support, encouragement, strength & honesty. I ask God everyday how in the WORLD I got so lucky....he doesn't answer me, but I am reminded everyday when I wake up to my husband the gift God gave me. He is the man I will spend the rest of my life with no doubt about it.
I have been a stay at home mom since Dec of 2006. The day our first son Tyler Drake was born was one of the most amazing days of our life! It's true & cliche' what they say "you don't know real love until you see your first child for the very first time". He was amazing....must have been because 6 months later we got pregnant (yes, on purpose) with our second blessing, Colton James! Yes, 2 boys 14.5 months apart is insane and absolutely wonderful all the same. We have so much fun. I love being the only "Princess" in the household, but I do often dream of having a daughter. I would love to design cute dresses, tops, skirts & pants for her! Will probably have to give up SWL at that time, because I won't have any fabric left for anyone else...but, that is not for a long time and chances are....we will have another boy. I am okay with that. As long as he is healthy..I am good to go! I still have all my cute nieces to design for. :)
Over the past few years or so I have realized the true importance of having friends. Girlfriends. What it means to have someone lift you up when you need it most, calm you down when you have gone over the top and tell you the truth no matter what. Two of my very best girlfriends I met while living in Dallas. I miss those two like crazy everyday. Both of whom are wonderful moms, go above and beyond wives and would do absolutely anything for you type friends. Since being back in Tennessee I have been blessed to meet that same type of friend in my own neighborhood...and not just 1! I have so many other couragious, strong women who surround me that I love with all of my heart and make this world a better place just by being who they are. (you know who you are!!!)
My most favorite subject is my family. I am a true "family gal". I love being able to spend the day with my boys and watch them learn and grow from day to day. Gosh, they change so fast. The best part of the day is when my husband comes walking in the door and both boys go running after 'daddy'. Sweetest moments that I will cherish forever for sure. I love when we are all laying on the bed talking about the day. No, my youngest doesn't really talk much...but, you moms know what I am saying! When we are a family of 4...no matter what we are doing...life is wonderful!
Oh, and if you haven't heard...I have taken my other love of photography to the next level! I am now a freelance photographer..just trying to capture that special moment and there are alot of them. Check out my site with the link listed on the right!
So, that's about it! Any other questions just ask.

Hope "Life is Good"
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment